Friday, October 14, 2005

Picture-off


So i think now that Rachel has her new camera, we should have a picture-off and those who love us the most can judge! Hahaha, just kidding, the only ones who read this blog are pretty much Becca and Rachel, so if i vote for myself and Rachel votes for herself, then Becca is the deciding vote, and I wouldn't put her in that position...

Can I say how very disappointed i am in this gloomy weather, it really puts a damper on the picture taking. I was so looking forward to capturing the amazing autumns we have here in WNY, but without the sun shining, all the colors seem to be muted. It takes me an extra effort to remind myself that this is all God's creation, and I should appreciate it at all times, but there's something about a sunny day in fall that just takes my breath away.

I guess this is just a testing time for not only my faith but my photography as well. Now i have to search hard for original, eye-catching shots, angles, and not so ordinary colors. The picture up top is of a Indian corn cob on the side of the road stand. I got out to take some pictures of the hill across the road, and pulled into the driveway of this roadside stand. I wasn't impressed by the colors of the leaves so i started taking pictures of gourds, corn, and pumpkins that were all around. That's when i saw this beauty. Not only are the kernels different colors, but there is a swirl to them as well, something you don't see every day.

If i can take one decent shot a day for the rest of my life, that's a pretty substantial portfolio. I'm starting to collect some of my best work and keep it on file, check out some of those shots i think are some of my best work... Although you may have seen them all before, now they are compact into one album. So what'dya think?

That's it for me for today...check you all in a bit!

No comments: