Tuesday, October 25, 2005

In Honor of Rosa Parks


Today a very important woman in the American Civil Rights Movement has passed away. Rosa Parks was born February 4, 1913 and died October 24, 2005.

I wanted to honor Rosa on my blog today, because my friend Becca has married an amazing black man, Denis, and who knows if this would ever have happend had it not been for Rosa Parks. So now every February we get to appreciate Rosa and Becca (since she thinks she's Black), and all the African Americans who are amazing people and who have impacted America.

So thank you Rosa, for being an amazing woman, and not giving up your seat on that bus. You will be remembered every time I look at Becca, and have to go to the back of the bus.

For more information on the AMAZING Rosa Parks check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosa_Parks

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hysterical, Jaime!!!!! I will definatly honor and appreciate Rosa now, and in February, but Bec-not so much. Sorry, sis.

becca said...

I TOTALLY was going to do this on my blog. i saw this on the news and thought of you right away!!! soooooo funny. february is coming up soon. hope yall are thinking of a great way to appriciate me!