Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Happy Anniversary


Sooooo, here's the happy couple! Married 2 years today, October 11th. I cannot believe it's been 2 years. I can remember the beautiful 70 degree day like it was yesterday. The leaves were at their peak, the sun was shining and i was glowing like a pig! Rachel and I had both been home before hand trying to get things ready and perfect, yup you guessed it, she and I made her wedding happen! It was a great day full of laughter, tears (on Mike's part, not Rachel's, she laughed at him the whole day), and a bridesmaid who fainted. Luckily Christy and I were there to catch her, and it went pretty unnoticed.

Through this day and the weeks leading up to this day is when Rachel and I became even better friends. The two of us did EVERYTHING! We printed out the programs, tied the bows to the wedding favors, decorated the church, lit the candles...you name it, Rachel and I did it. It was some of the best days of my life. Rachel-I'm so glad that i could be there to help you out during that time, I am now capable of planning and throwing a wedding!

After Becca got married in December of 2002, I thought that Rachel and I would live together for awhile and sulk together for not being married, but on April 15th, i got the dreaded phone call..."Jaime, i have some news..." to which i responded "OH NO RACHEL!!!" I knew what was coming... "Mike and I are engaged!" It's tough being happy for her and sad for me at the same time...how do you hide your true selfish feelings?? But i did, and faked being happy or something like that.

But looking back 2 years, Mike is such an amazing man and makes Rachel so happy, that how can i still be selfish. Yes i now have to share both my best friends with husbands, but it's nice to know that when ever they get sick of living with a man every day, dealing with man things, every day, that I will be here for some girl time, where i can even make their boy problems disappear.

Rach: I'm so happy you're married to Mike, you are perfect for eachother. He makes you laugh and supports you in all that you do, and you can put up with his every comment for everything. You truly compliment eachother, and I'm honored to still be a part of your lives.

Mike: Thank you for taking such good care of Rachel, and although you had to move to Pittsburgh to get her all to yourself, it's always nice to have you welcome me into your home and treat me like the good friends we have become. You are a wonderful man of God, someone who can honor, respect, and mentor anyone. Rachel has grown so much in the last 2 years with you by her side.

Mike and Rach, congratulations on 2 wonderful years together. May the Lord Bless you with many many more wonderful years together.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hey babe. Thanks for the blog. And thanks for calling to wish us a happy anniversary. It means a lot. Sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to you. The planning for the festivites took all day. But it means so much to have friends and family think of me on our special day. 2 years down- 75 more to go (we're planning to live a long time). luv you