Saturday, October 08, 2005

On the road again...


So here I am, at another hotel for another weekend. If I can count correctly I've been in 7 different hotels in 5 different states in the past month. I used to like traveling, but now my body starts to get that "longing for home" feeling as soon as I sit my butt down in a van or bus seat. I'm not sure how the celebrities do it, a different city a different day, maybe it's a little easier when you're making hundreds of thousands of dollars per day. Me, I'm doing this on a $15 dollar a day salary, while doing the driving and losing soccer games. I know that it's part of the job, but i'm not sure how much more i can take!

There are perks, however. Like right now I'm in Richmond, VA and my sister Katie (see picture)

has joined me for the journey. She just recently moved to Fairfax Station, VA to pursue a career in Criminal Justice for the Public Defender. She's holding her own, and i'm proud of her. She's surrounded by shopping, her favorite thing to do, so I might have to make the trip down myself a few times during the year.

So back to soccer...we've stayed in some doosies of hotels, some nice, some not so nice...but it's all part of the experience, right? I'm getting to know the girls, but don't know how things are going to pan out for next year. There has been a lot of stress along with this journey, and although the girls are great, i'm not sure how much i can take. But who knows.

It's 8:30 now, and i'm exhausted. Flying and driving, flying and driving and lack of sleep is catching up to me and i'm going to be an old lady and kick back for the evening. So this is Jaime, signing off for yet another blog.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

YOU NEED A VACATION, GIRL! You work too much! When i got your message today, I could hear the exhaustion in your voice! Take a day off and pamper yourself!