Monday, July 02, 2007

Day 6..The Getty Museum


Sunday, July 1. We had to drop off our rental car today and had decided to head to The Getty Museum. I like art, don't get me wrong...and we had heard that this place had killer views of LA and it's surrounding cities, but I had no idea what I was in store for...

This place was AMAZING! Maybe it's the fact that I haven't been to a museum/art gallery in a long, long time and I am now much more mature :) and sophisticated and can appreciate things. Maybe it's the fact that I'm in LA, and everything just hits you differently. Either way I had a blast and wish I could have stayed there ALL DAY! Here are some shots of some artifacts from 1300-1500 AD:








The detail and color are amazing, and some artifacts were from BC times! I would have loved to take pictures there all day long...maybe next time!
Here's another view of the cities, if you look really closely you can see city after city in the smog!
Not only was the art breath taking, but the architecture of the building and it's surrounding was beautiful as well:

Here's Erin and I having a little fun with a sculpture. It's hard to stay serious and intellectual all day!
Along with everything else being beautiful...why not throw in a garden to boot? They thought of everything, I took many shots of this waterfall and it's surroundings, but for the sake of time I picked my favorite:

And lastly just a fun picture of a fountain, the water was so tempting on a hot LA day!


Tonight we had dinner with Erin's friend Molly and her family, a nice home cooked and FREE meal! Then we went to the movies...and now it's bedtime!
Tomorrow we plan on hitting the strip to see stars and get discovered! Ciao for now!





















No comments: