Thursday, July 06, 2006

A not-so short update from the J-Dogg

So I like to start my blog off with a picture, even though this picture has nothing to do with what I have to say, seeing a pretty picture every now and then seems to brighten my day, so I hope it helps with yours. I would also like to add how amazing God is, and how He's worked in my life over these past few weeks.

For those of you who may not know, I am working 2 jobs (what else is new). My regular old day job that's low key but gives me great internet access so I can write and publish this blog, and Circle C Ranch. Now Circle C Ranch is a great Christian Ranch that I have worked at for 3 summers before this one. Since i'm doing the part time thing, it's a little more difficult than I thought, but Jesus did it that way for a reason. Here's a glimpse of what's been going on in my head for the past few weeks:

June 14-23: "Man, camp is awesome...there are a lot of new faces, and some old faces that I would like to get to know better....Jesus is making sure my motives are pure and provided me with no eligible bachelors this summer....I've been though all of this training before, nothing they can throw at me will challenge me any more than I've already experienced, I'll just be around to help those who are struggling....it was a great training week and a half, but i haven't made any great friends, but we still have 7 weeks of summer"

June 26-July 1: "Sweet, i get to lead worship, we have a keyboard player and a drummer, things should be good....oh man the girl keyboard player and the drummer like each other and are making it super duper hard to run through songs and focus for even 5 minutes....oh man they got in a fight, where are their hearts right now?....on Jesus?.....Lord, what am I going to do?.....

Well i'm around some days, I should help in the kitchen....wow these kids are pretty young....lets try showing them how to best be organized....what by the end of the week they still aren't getting it?....Lord, grant me patience....

July 1-July 2: My family is in town, I would like to spend time with them...but I should really be at camp, and I should probably do some work here or there...I can't please everyone, but i'll try my hardest...Lord, this is too much....I can't do everything.......

July 2 (evening): I finally swallowed my pride and talked with my friend Megan. She and I are very very similar, but she's got some great Christian knowledge that i'm lacking...she suggested that I quit trying to do so much and make sure that what I do, everything that I do is exactly what Jesus wants me to do and if i keep my focus on that then I will have more impact on people than I would if i was serving people for my gratification and to not miss anything. She's amazing, because that night........

We added a guitarist and Megan to the worship team. I am still using my gift of music but don't have the stress of leading worship. I was kicked out of the kitchen (but in a good way so the kids can learn for themselves) and am now "on call" instead of going in there every day.


July 3-today: I am now in a routine to get up, shower and do my devotions before breakfast. Go to work and do my thing, get back to camp and just fellowship with who i can find. Dinner then chapel where i'm trying my hardest just to sing for Jesus, we had troubles last night with the computer and not having a lot of practice so we were 100% relying on Jesus and he came through. Then it's games and spending some time with the campers and then lights out. I try and stay up a little longer to read some scripture and pray, and the amazing thing is that the scripture is starting to come alive for me again. Thank you Jesus!

I've learned a lot in the past few weeks, actions are great and can be a great witnessing tool and that's what i've relyed on for a few years, but if you don't have the knowledge and the scripture base to back it up then it's almost pointless. That's where i'm at, I've got a long road to go, but i've started my journey. Not too shabby.

1 comment:

becca said...

hey babe! sorry i missed your call tonight. I have been busy trying to get wedding pic edited to send to rachel. i don't know if i am cut out for this job!!!

I am so excited when I hear about what the Lord is doing in your life. He has great things in store for you...including a husband... and i love that I can sit back and watch him do what he does best, be faithful in every and all things.

I can't wait to talk to you and to show you the pics that your camera took. Thanks so much for letting me use it. it was such a blessing. great camera. BUT I am going to hold it for ransom...the only way you can get it back it to come to rochester and GET IT...i know things are busy and that might not be easy... but i need to get it back to you somehow...any suggestions...

I love you. Lets talk soon. Take care and tell everyone that i said Howdy!