Wednesday, July 19, 2006


Hey everyone...welcome once again to my blog. We'll start off with another picture taken by yours truly...this waterfall was taken at Letchworth State Park a few weekends ago at a Circle C Staff outing. It was a great time of fellowship, God's creation and Ultimate Frisbee!

After my last post God took a little break from teaching me many things, not that i haven't been learning but He's scaled it down a bit, maybe to one or two lessons a week and not 4 in one week. Here's what i've learned so far:

My last few years at home have made me very comfortable, too comfortable and content. I wasn't being spiritually challenged and my witnessing opportunities with my family had gone down the tube. Enter: camp. Not only am I surrounded with an amazing bunch of Christians, but I am being challenged physically, emotionally and spiritually, exactly what God knew I needed.

I've gotten into the Word more and more, actually comprehending a lot of what i read, i've been getting up early to do devotions so i have the whole day to think about them and apply them to my life. Not too shabby. Still working on the whole "memorizing verses" thing, but it's cool to come across verses that can be used in certain situations, if not for me for others around me.

I've also learned that talking things out with people isn't a bad thing. Yes it might show a sign of weakness, but afterall isn't that what Jesus wants? "For when we are weak, he is strong" Sometimes it takes that person that you're sharing things with to speak Jesus' words to you, and through that problems can be resolved in a matter of days instead of maybe the months or years it can take you to come to that realization just trying to hear God's voice in it all. My pride is knocked down a notch...only 999 notches to go.

I've started making some good friends at camp, some in the most unlikely of places, but it's great none-the-less. Some of the friendships I've wanted are slowly but surely developing, and I am careful not to push things. I have learned that the Lord puts you with the specific people for a specific purpose, so don't wish you were hanging out with someone else, because you might miss the opportunity of getting to know a great guy or girl.

I'm sure there are many many other things that i can share but i'll wrap it up for now. I'm more than halfway though the summer, and I can't wait to see what Jesus has in store for me in the next few weeks. Stay tuned....but until then check out some more pictures from Letchworth!

No comments: