Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Ta Daaaaaaaaaaaaa


So here it is...my masterpiece! This 3-D puzzle of Cinderella's Castle had 560 pieces and took about 12 hours to assemble. Was I crazy? Yup...but it was worth it.

Let's start from the beginning...I didn't think that I have had this puzzle for THAT long, but i also think that this might have been the one thing that put me over the top when it came to believing in Santa Clause. I unwrapped this gift, what i think i remember as this puzzle, still had the sticker price on it from Brand Names!! I kept that secret with me and finally told my mom yesterday! I tried putting it together but I soon figured out that i was over my head and put it up in my closet.

Lately i've been in a puzzle kind of mood. Whether my brain is starved for stimulation or i had a need for some sort of hard accomplishment, it had been going on for a couple weeks now.When i go and visit my grandpa at the nursing home they have all sorts of puzzles and stuff around, so i would put 100 piece puzzles together and was ready for a challenging 500 piece one. There was always some one in the room so i never got to start my 500 piece puzzle.I was cleaning my room on friday and found this puzzle. I started it Saturday night after our soccer tournament and dinner with mom, Aunt Mary Jo, and grammy. I worked on it saturday night for 6 hours, i was ready to give up but decided to go to bed and try it again on Sunday. I got back at it sunday afternoon around 1 and finally put the finishing touches on it at 7. My neck is stiff and my back hurts but i finally have a sense of accomplishment!!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Yay Jaime! That is no small feat! I can picture you down in your room with a flashlight under your covers trying to get it done! You're so cute!

becca said...

pretty impresssive jaime! you can always start working on those winnie the pooh puzzles that you said you would do for my babies...i am not pregnent yet, but if you are still in a puzzle mood...why not....maybe it will make a baby come faster!!

Unknown said...

na bec...no winnie the pooh puzzle for me...you have to do the work first and then i'll get on it.

Hey did you guys hear that ALIAS will be on April 19th?? Becca do you want some company for it, i'll be in Buffalo that wednesday and i can pop over for the night...is it doable???