Monday, March 20, 2006

So I had ALL ACCESS to the Casting Crowns Concert last night....

So last night, Sunday March 19th Casting Crowns, Nichole Nordeman, and Josh Bates were at St. Bonaventure for the Lifesong Tour. It was AMAZING! And since I work at Bona's, and there's got to be some sort of perks here or there...I got free tickets and an ALL ACCESS PASS!
I showed up at Bona's at about 2:00pm with plans to help set up a little (and earn my ticket), hear and experience sound check, and also do some actual work at Bona's. I had an in with the maintenence guys so they schmoosed one of the managers of the tour to get me in to the Meet & Greet session that Casting Crowns and Nichole Nordeman do before the concert, so I was able to get into that at about 7:00pm. I met all of the band members and shook their hands and held a conversation here or there, but i didn't get my picture taken with any of them because i'm a woose (is that how you spell it?) and didn't ask. I did, however, get all of Casting Crowns autographs!!

I actually got 2 free tickets, called a few people to see if they wanted the extra one, but oddly enough they didn't for one reason or another. That was fine though because I was prepared to use my all access pass for all it was worth and go here, there and everywhere! So I brought both tickets with me just incase i saw someone i knew.

At about 3:30, Mrs. Mac (my Kindergarted teacher and my second mother) called me and asked if the extra ticket was still available because there was another woman who needed some "spiritual guidance" and thought that the concert would be a good place to bring her. So I put my extra ticket at will call and met up with her at the concert.

The concert was awesome and Casting Crowns treated it like a worship service with the words in the background so everyone knew what they were singing about and could sing along. The Lifesong CD is a great one, i recommend it to anyone!

They also had a preacher named Tony something, that used humor when telling about his witnessing technique, and then gave an alter call where over 200 people dedicated their lives to the Lord...how amazing, and a lot of them were adults too! The best part about it was that the lady who went with Mrs. Mac's ticket dedicated her life to Jesus!!!! Everything has a reason for happening!

After the concert i stayed a little while helping fold up chairs and going back stage (cause i could!) and seeing Josh Bates and a couple of the Casting Crown band members again! It was a great experience, I wish you all could have been there!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm so glad you had a good time! I wish i could have gone with you! Oh, and it's spelled, "wuss". Love you!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the spell check, miss english major...:) I guess it's a good thing that i don't know how to spell wuss...check out this word...operated, do you know that word??? ahhahahahahahahahah

I love you Rach, hope you're doing well with the house situation, i can't wait to come and visit! Talk to you soon!

And do we know when Alias is going to be on again??

becca said...

don't worry Jaime, there is always a worse speller out there...and that is ME! That is why i teach pre-k...no spelling required.