Monday, June 30, 2014

$9 from 99

I'm looking for 99 people to support me with a $9 donation between now and July 9th!!


 As I sit here and type I'm watching the World Cup.  I've tried to catch at least a portion of every game since soccer (and the #9) seems to run in my blood and has been a HUGE part of my life for the past 25 years.  People ask me if I have a favorite team...obviously I have to say USA, but I really love watching a GOOD game, lots of action, great goals, less 'dives' and most of the time I enjoy when the player that everyone puts so much pressure on actually comes through and scores the winning goal.
One of my favorite parts about soccer was being a part of a team.  I never actually succeeded in individual sports - swimming, tennis, golf...but it was the team sports that captured my heart.  I have learned more about encouragement, leadership, teamwork, acceptance, humility and many other life lessons in the midst of playing on a team than I have reading any book.

I have been lucky enough to have found another team to be a part of over this past year.  Many of you know that I have joined the missions organization of SCORE International and have been living in the Dominican Republic over the past 9 months.  Coincidentally, they began as a sports ministry that has grown to include safe homes, orphanages, schools, church planting and the GAP program, which I am currently 'coaching' (or Directing).

"Instruct the wise and they will be wiser still; teach the righteous and they will add to their learning."
-Proverbs 9:9

It is a place where I truly feel that I belong, and as challenging as it has been, it's another team where I have learned even more about the attributes listed above, as well as being able to share the Good News of Jesus Christ to Americans and Dominicans alike!
my 2013-2014 team!  
I have had tremendous support from family and friends over the past year, and it's that time where I ask for your support again for this coming year.  So in honor of the soccer blood that runs through my veins I am beginning a $9 from 99 campaign.  


I know that there are 99 of you out there because I took a selfie a few weeks back of a new hair cut and color and 95 of you liked it...so I know there are at least 4 more of you out there!
I am asking for 99 of my family, friends, teammates and even strangers to possibly give up 2 Starbucks coffee's, or 1 dinner out, or 1 manicure, or 1 movie ticket and support me in a small way.  (If you feel led to send a donation of more than $9, you are welcome to do that too!)  My fundraising goal is $4,000 for this next year and this current campaign can help kick start that.


It would be such a blessing to have you on my team!  And even if you can't spare $9 at this time, just committing to my prayer team is equally as valuable to me!

There are a few ways you can donate.

Online & Tax Deductible through the SCORE website:
 https://scoresponsor.org/missionaries-staff/shop/snyder-jaime/

Directly to me by check or cash:
3257 Buffalo Road
Allegany, NY 14706
 
email or facebook me with any questions!


 Thank you in advance!!!






And because you read my whole blog and made it to the end...here's a little somethin' #9 for ya! Throwback to 1998!

No comments: