Sunday, May 18, 2014

'MERICA!

It's been an awesome 2 weeks since the students left...not necessarily because they left, but because it was finally a time where I could exhale.  As much as I love them, loved being with and around them, leadership and the leading of 13 lives comes with burdens and struggles and weight.  Once they were back into the care of their families and friends I could exhale and honestly I woke up one morning and felt lighter...literally.  I had no idea how much I had been carrying until I didn't have to carry it anymore.

And I know this is the same with our sin...
(just a thought to stir your heart because it just stirred mine as I type, but I'll leave that topic for another day).

I was lonely for the first few days after they left, then I started easing back into life.  I started planning for next year while things were still fresh in my brain.  I finished budgets and manuals, calendars and job descriptions.  I journaled, processed, and "retreated."

The Villa that we stayed for our retreat

loved getting to know these women better!

In three days I will be heading back to America (or 'Merica as the kids like to say).  I've tried to plan and anticipate what it will be like stepping back onto State soil and back into life.  But I really can't.  I do know some of what's waiting for me, time with family and friends, nephews and nieces, living out of a suitcase and on couches..but there are still things that are up-in-the-air, or completely unknown.

I struggled when trying to figure out what I should do this summer.  Should I get a job? Not get a job? Stay in my duplex? move out? keep my car? sell it? Travel? Stay home? Earn money? Raise money?

I realized that if I spent a week with family and good friends whom I haven't seen in 9 months, that would take up the majority of the summer, and because this is the only time I'll get to have quality face-to-face time with them I have decided NOT to get a job this summer.  Not a full-time job anyways.  There was no way that I would be hired and then me turn around and ask for 5-6 weeks off!!

Please pray for odd-jobs, baby-sitting or house-sitting opportunities, needs for pictures, portraits, or sports pictures where I can earn some extra gas and food money.  
And if you know of any please let me know!

I was struggling to decide whether or not I should keep my duplex in Cheektowaga. I would be great to have a place I could still call my own, but I'd be paying with money I didn't have for a place to live for half the summer.  The Lord did make it clear that I should give up the duplex and circumstances confirmed the decision. The plan was to have all of my stuff out by May 31, but my awesome parents already went up and moved my stuff out so one less thing I have to worry about....SO SO SO GRATEFUL! My parents house will now be my home base (and my permanent address).

I will also be selling my car at the end of the summer.  It can't stand another winter being idle...and in the words of my parents "you never really liked that car anyways"...which is true...I still love my Outbacks!  I have a few people interested in buying my 2009 Subaru Legacy, but if you know of anyone have them get a hold of me. 

Please pray that in the next 3 months that nothing goes wrong on my car that I will have to get fixed!

I guess with all of these more "permanent" changes it officially makes me a missionary, or a "missionary apprentice" as the home office likes to call me.  It's still weird to say, and I'm sure for some of you even hard to hear/read/understand.  And because I have said YES to God and am choosing to follow the present path He has me on, I'm looking to HIS PEOPLE for help.

I have tried to make the necessary decisions and steps to live as simply as possible while in the States.  I am willing to work hard when I'm available to earn some money.  But I anticipate that the money that I will spend while at home, will be greater than the money that I will make.

So with that I am starting to ask for support for this summer and for this fall into next year when I'll be back in the Dominican Republic. 

There are many ways that you can help support me:
  • Through Prayer
  • Financially
  • Donating Sky-miles for flights home
  • Opportunities for work over the summer
  • Gift Cards for gas, Target, Wal-Mart, Amazon, iTunes, Starbucks
I am confident that the Lord will provide all that I need.  And I will learn how to sacrifice some things that I've never had to before to be the best steward of God's provision. 

I officially have a profile up on the SCORE website where you can make a one-time donation or commit to supporting me monthly...those donations through the site will be tax deductible. 

https://scoresponsor.org/missionaries-staff/shop/snyder-jaime/


In the mean time, if you would like to donate anything please comment below, facebook me, or email me at jaima927@me.com

Thank you in advance for prayers, for support and for being a part of my journey!

To GOD be the GLORY!

No comments: