Monday, October 21, 2013

3 weeks seems like 3 days!

Hey guys!

Sorry it's been 3 weeks since my last post, but it's not because I'm not doing anything to report...actually it's just the opposite!  So much has been going on...good and not so good but God has been faithful in all of it.  I'm going to work backwards through the last 3 weeks and hit the highlights...and if you want to see my week in pictures check out my facebook albums!

First off, our SCORE family is in mourning today.  One of our SCORE missionaries and his wife lost their 19 month old daughter yesterday morning.  She had heart surgery last May, but this week was sick and unfortunately her heart couldn't handle it.  I have met the family, but haven't had much interaction with them...but my heart is heavy because people close to me have been affected...so if you would, please keep the Valdez family in your prayers.

This news comes off an amazing week for the Women's Conference.  About 60 women from the US came down to hear and experience God's truth and also go out in to the ministries and villages to love on and encourage the women of the DR.  When I was asked if I wanted to participate in the conference it was mid September I said no, because all I could think about was getting this GAP program up and running...but once it was here and all my friends were going to be there I started to regret my decision.  However God was so good and I was able to do my GAP stuff for some of the days and also be able to take a couple days off and participate on the last couple days of the conference!!

In the past few weeks, seemingly since I've turned 32, the Lord has been teaching me and challenging me a lot.  It seemed that all I could see, anticipate and prepare for in this Director position ended about September 26th.  Starting on the 27th God made me step up my game.  A game that I don't know how to play...a game that brings me into new territory...a game that makes me rely on God even more than I ever have because there are things that are so out of my comfort zone.  I say this in a good way.  If I could do this on my own then I wouldn't need God...and all of this shows how much I have to rely on Him DAILY.  And who knows what He is preparing me for next!

But in the midst of things that I'm learning, God has brought people and situations in my path to encourage me, lift me up, walk beside me, and have my back.  And for all of it I am SO STINKIN THANKFUL. 

Hopefully this next week will get us all back into a routine and my posts will come regularly, but I can't promise anything...keep checking my facebook page for pictures, because that seems to be the easiest avenue for me to keep people updated!

Thanks for understanding, thanks for praying, thanks for encouraging!!

No comments: