Monday, July 06, 2015

Become part of my team!

Another successful year down...and many more to go! This year was another full year full of successes, challenges, adventures, growth, laughter and tears.  I found a new confidence in my voice and leadership abilities in year 2, while continuing to realize how much I need the Lord and His   This years class was truly a family.  They encouraged each other, lifted one another up when times got tough and finished what they started. I am so happy to say that we graduated all 12 that began the program (a feat that is rare in the GAP program!)
leadership.

We spanned the country taking trips and doing ministry.  We partnered with SCORE missionaries in the mountains of Constanza, formed a partnership with a ministry near Puerto Plata.  The students, through all their hard work in Spanish, were able to translate for short term teams including medical teams, youth groups and many other groups that came down.  They were pushed out of their comfort zone and also personally put themselves out of their comfort zone.  They worked hard both inside and outside the classroom and have made lasting impacts on people and the country.  I know each class, each year will teach me more and more things and by the end of my journey I will be a better person; a better follower of Christ, leader, and friend.

This next year is already off to an exciting start.  The Lord is planning something great with 14 students (including 5 guys!) and a former student coming back as an intern. A SCORE fundraising campaign allowed a 3rd story to be built which will include a large classroom/hang out room and a new apartment for yours truly! We are looking to expand the amount of ministries we will work with and have some great speakers lined up for bible classes! We may even get super adventurous and go white water rafting! (prayers appreciated!) I am stoked to see what the Lord is going to do with the GAP class of 2016!

It’s that time of year again to ask for you to join my team!  This last year of support has been great and more than I could have ever hoped for, and in the past year I have crossed paths with even more people who have touched my life in one way or another. 

In all my years of playing sports, I have learned that we are made to be part of a team. We can’t do this life on our own. I struggled the most in competitive swimming, an individual sport, but I seemed to really excel when I had a team surrounding me. I have realized that over the past year that I’ve been living my missionary journey as I lived those individual sports, having people cheer me on from the sidelines, but not having people day in & day out surrounding me. I am not strong enough on my own. I look to God for the strength that I don’t have, but also realize that He will use other people to strengthen me as well. I need a team now more than ever. I need people to surround me, to lift me up when I’m down and to support me in my training and performance.  Although I am no longer involved in organized sports I am finding that this year, this life is no different and I’m getting a better picture of what I truly need to be successful.  I need a team and the more the merrier!  I need people with different roles and skills.  And that’s where you come in!

Here are the players I need for my team:

Financial Supporters: those who can financially partner with me with a one time donation or monthly donations. My goal is to raise $9,000 over this next year.  The money will help cover my health insurance, travel expenses, things to help make my new apartment my “own”, and other miscellanies expenses for the next 12 months.
This year in keeping with the “9” theme I have put together a new campaign.  I would love for you and your family or a group of friends to consider giving a one time donation of a value equal to a multiple of 9 as shown above!  

Prayer partners/Encouragement partners: Prayer is HUGE! I need people fighting for my spiritual life and for the lives of the students.  Being on mission in a foreign country opens up so many opportunities for things to go wrong! Being a leader is sometimes a very lonely place, so if you pray for me, let me know! Or send an email every once and awhile.

Contacts/Connections: There are other needs that you or someone you know might be able to help with.  Right now I am in need of financial advice for my future, tax advice, low cost medical care, ways to earn money when I return to the states, places to share my testimony and about GAP, and also connections at Christian Universities to partner with GAP. 

If you choose to support me financially, THANK YOU! Here’s how you can do it:
ONLINE: go to https://scoresponsor.org/missionaries-staff/shop/snyder-jaime/ where you make a one time donation or a recurring monthly donation.
BY CHECK: mail a check with “Jaime Snyder support” in the memo line to: 
SCORE INTERNATIONAL; PO Box 9994; Chattanooga, TN 37412
Or
Jaime Snyder; 3257 Buffalo Rd.; Allegany, NY 14706

No comments: